Family Medicine Center at Glen Cove Hospital
Personalized medical services are available for patients of all ages at the Family Medicine Center at Glen Cove Hospital. Physicians are dedicated to delivering quality health care and preventive services for patients of all ages—newborns to the elderly. Our family medicine ambulatory center has met the criteria and has been designated as a patient-centered medical home by the National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA). This prestigious designation recognizes the coordinated, comprehensive medical care provided by the interdisciplinary team.
The goal of this program is to foster health and wellness by providing individualized patient-centered care to our community. The family medicine ambulatory center offers services such as comprehensive health care, which includes prenatal and dental services. Everything at the Family Medicine Center revolves around the patient and their family. Many staff members are bilingual to assist our large Spanish-speaking population. The center is open Monday through Saturday, and has plans to expand hours of operation. Physicians also are available 24/7 by phone for consultation.
- Low-risk prenatal care
- Minimally invasive gynecologic care
- Pediatric care, including vaccines for children up to age 19
- Preventive care such as routine physicals, immunizations, colon cancer screening and mammograms
- Certified diabetes care as well as nutrition education
In addition to offering support for chronic, preventive and non-emergency medical needs, the Center houses several convenient subspecialty clinics in one convenient setting. They include:
- Division of Kidney Disease and Hypertension
- Nonsurgical orthopedics (e.g., joint injections and minimally invasive orthopedic care)
- Surgery clinic that provides office-based surgical procedures including minimally invasive ambulatory procedures
In the future, the Family Medicine Center will add the following services:
- Behavioral health