Ambulatory Surgery at Glen Cove Hospital
Glen Cove Hospital has state-of-the-art operating rooms with a modern recovery area, efficient presurgical testing and a comfortable waiting room. It also offers the highest quality same day surgery technology and practices. Ambulatory surgery services are performed in a specialized outpatient setting, where patients undergo surgical procedures without the need for an overnight hospital stay. Patients can be discharged on the same day as their surgery so they can return home to heal. Those who require a longer period of observation will be able to stay at the hospital.
The staff at Glen Cove Hospital is dedicated to the safest, most comfortable experience for patients undergoing same day surgery. A specialized team of board-certified surgeons, anesthesiologists, nurses and other healthcare professionals is focused on each patient, ensuring the best outcomes. All emergency equipment necessary is located in the unit, guaranteeing that patients receive the highest standards of care and monitoring during their procedure. If needed, patient transfer to another Northwell Health facility is easily accomplished.
Ambulatory surgical procedures offered include:
- Breast and reconstructive breast surgery, performed with the latest techniques in breast reconstruction called “skin sparing mastectomy.” We also use GPS-gel platelet spray to enhance the healing process.
- ENTs perform balloon sinuplasty, a less invasive procedure for sinus surgery.
- Eye surgeons specialize in the most advanced methods of cataract surgery.
- General surgery encompasses many different procedures including but not limited to hernia repair and gallbladder surgery. Board-certified surgeons provide comprehensive ambulatory surgical care. The surgical laparoscopic approach, which is less invasive, is used in many procedures to avoid the need for a large incision.
- Urologists address women’s incontinence with the latest procedures. Surgeons also perform the TURP button procedure, or transurethral resection of the prostate, to alleviate urinary symptoms due to an enlarged prostate. Lithotripsy procedures are also available for patients with kidney stones.
- The division of vascular surgery performs procedures for vascular access, diabetic foot care and varicose vein treatment.
- All aspects of podiatric surgery are provided including bunionectomy, hammer toe repair, and foot wound care.
- Certified plastic surgeons perform a host of procedures to enhance your appearance.
- Orthopedic surgery performed by board-certified surgeons who provide acute fracture repair.